Hey You Great Person! Yeah, You!
Do you want a career assisting individuals with Intellectual Disabilities (direct support) to achieve their life goals?
We are looking for a positive, energetic person to work from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday – Friday or 9 a.m to 3 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. We are also looking for people who can be ON-CALL.
If that is you please apply!
Let’s make a difference together!
Pay range $11.00-$13.00 an hour
- Provides transportation to and from activities;
- Assists in the implementation of individual plans for individuals and behavioral plan goals;
- Assists individuals in the pursuit of recreational, social and community activities based on their preferences and individual plans;
- Assists and encourages individuals in the establishment of social networks;
- Promotes participation and involvement in community outings;
- Works all assigned schedules, including but not limited to: arriving and departing on time, requesting time off in advance, and notifying your supervisor of changes to your assigned work schedule.
- Ensures each individuals’ rights are protected;
- Treats individuals with dignity and respect.
Activities of Daily Living
- Administers medications to individuals as assigned;
- Observes individuals for any changes in behavior or health that may have resulted from medication administration;
- Ensures individuals are dressed neatly and appropriately and are groomed at all times;
- Assists and encourages individuals to care for immediate personal needs such as toileting, washing their hands, and eating;
- Prepares nutritional meals based on individual needs and preferences;
- Encourage individuals to assist in the preparation of meals and snacks as appropriate to their individual plan and behavior plan;
- Keeps residence – both interior and exterior – and resident personal space clean, organized, and tidy and encourage them to participation in home beautification and upkeep as appropriate according to their individual plans;
- Teaches individuals daily skills such as household chores, laundry, cleaning, and washing dishes, as appropriate according to their individual plan.
- Must teach, train and encourage clients to be better versions of themselves.
- Observes individuals for evidence of injury or bruises and evaluates for changes in emotional and physical status;
- Reports any noted problems to the Residential Program Coordinator immediately and complete a written incident report form;
- Reports all medical-related incidents to the on-call nurse and directors.
- Staff must represent Remedy Road LLC in a professional manner to families, service coordinators, State officials, and community partners when required; Maintains resident confidentiality; Teamwork Makes! The Dream Work!
- Treats all individuals and coworkers with dignity, respect, and fairness;
- Provides support to other team members when individuals are having behavioral issues;
- Valid drivers licenses
- Must pass a background check
- 1 years of human services or in-home care
- Car insurance
- A reliable vehicle
- High school diploma
- Basic grammar and math skills
- Bilingual but not required
- Free from drug use.
- Good work history
- Reliable references
- This job description is subject to change at times of need.
Do you have high energy? Are you a positive person? Do you like teaching life skills? IF SO THEN WE WANT YOU! Apply Now!